Bayer Leverkusen director Simon Rolfes insists the club are yet to receive an official offer for Kai Havertz amid interest from Chelsea.

Standard Sport understands the 21-year-old has told Leverkusen he wants to move to Stamford Bridge, with Frank Lampard looking to further add to his attack following the acquisitions of both Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner.

The youngster reportedly wants to push through a deal prior to the Bundesliga club’s Europa League last-16 second-leg tie against Rangers next Thursday (August 6).


Rolfes has reiterated Leverkusen’s stance that Havertz will not be allowed to leave before the end of their season, however, with director Rudi Voller previously stating the decision was ”set in stone”.

”So far we have no offer,” Rolfes said in a press conference. ”We know about the interest of clubs, but there is no official offer.

”We have said several times that we will end the season with our entire squad. And that includes Kai. That goes without saying for us.”

Leverkusen boast a 3-1 lead over Rangers ahead of the second leg at BayArena, with the Europa League Final scheduled for August 21, should they make it that far.

Havertz has joined his Leverkusen team-mates in returning to training ahead of the tie, but is ultimately looking upwards with Chelsea guaranteed a Champions League spot next term.

Rolfes insists Havertz remains focused on the task ahead, however, adding: ”He is focused. Kai is relaxed with the speculations, is focused, in a good mood.

“He makes a good impression. The holiday did him good like the other players.”

Comments

{{#comments}}

{{/comments}}
{{^comments}}

{{/comments}}

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-kai-havertz-latest-bayer-leverkusen-a4513841.html